Calling Transmission Studies/Planning Engineers
Position available in North America
PRINCIPAL POWER SYSTEM STUDIES ENGINEER
PSC’s planning and system studies group continues to grow in North America with an increasing client list and expanding pipeline of work. This is an opportunity to help consolidate our business success in North America and support further growth as we continue to build our reputation for high quality service delivery to our clients. PSC is seeking a principal transmission studies/planning engineer with 20+ years of relevant industry experience to lead our growing Westborough, MA, USA, based system studies team. The role is 80% technical consulting and 20% team leadership. The candidate’s principal expertise must be in classical power system analysis and transmission studies that model the behavior of electricity transmission networks and their various components under steady state and perturbed conditions.
The System Studies Engineer will serve as technical lead to our team of engineers, perform systems studies and conduct a variety of assignments. These include:
- Develop methodologies, resource plans, and time estimates
- Prepare study proposals
- Manage deliverables and hours for team projects and studies
- Review and sign-off studies
- Develop and deliver presentations to clients
- Prepare and review detailed technical reports
- Mentor, coach and develop junior engineers
- Coordinate work flows with PSC colleagues around the world
- Manage client expectations through regular communications and responsiveness
- Assist with resource planning and management
- Support the Business Unit Manager in business development activities by presenting PSC capabilities to prospective clients.
- Recent experience leading and performing complex studies using models of the PJM, ISO New England, New York ISO and SPP transmission networks
- Experience leading small teams and interacting with stakeholders
- Experience in developing dynamic user models for generator controls, HVDC stations, lines and controls as well as network monitoring and protection schemes
- Highly proficient, advanced user of Siemens-PTI’s PSS/E network simulation software with at least 10 years of experience
- Strong Python scripting skills, plus skills in commonly used network simulation software (Eg. PSLF, ASPEN, DSATools, Powerworld, EMTDC/PSCAD, EMTP RV, and DIgSILENT PowerFactory)
- Ability to work to deadlines and exceed client expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering is required with a preference for specialization in power systems.
- Registered professional engineer in a US state, or a Canadian province, or eligible to do so
- Legally authorized to work in the US with no restrictions on travel to Canada
The ideal candidate’s past experience should consist primarily of North American public or investor owned electric utilities either as an employee or a consulting engineer. Candidate must be willing to relocate to Westborough, MA, USA, and be prepared to travel up to 20-30% of the time in North America, with potential occasional international travel.
- Competitive salary package with 401k and profit share
- Become part of a team that values people and career development
- Autonomy to craft the job to fit your expertise
PSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer