Attention Experienced System Studies Engineers
PSC North American position available now!
SYSTEM STUDIES ENGINEER
PSC’s planning and system studies group continues to grow in North America with an increasing client list and expanding pipeline of work. This is an opportunity to help consolidate our business success in North America and support further growth as we continue to build our reputation for high quality service delivery to our clients. We are seeking systems studies engineers with 1 – 5 years of relevant industry experience to join our teams in Westborough, MA, USA and Vancouver, B.C., Canada. The candidate should have experience in the area of system studies for North American electrical networks involving modeling the behavior of electricity transmission networks and their various components under steady state and perturbed conditions.
The System Studies Engineer will conduct a variety of assignments under the supervision of Senior or Principal Engineers. These include:
- Classical power system analysis & modeling including: load flow, transient stability, short circuit analysis, and small signal assessments.
- Power generation and transmission studies such as: generator connections, voltage stability, arc-flash energy studies, insulation coordination, feasibility studies, power station and control system design, and network planning.
- Operations planning including: short term assessments, switching studies and incident investigations.
- Steady state and transient development, testing, and field validation of the performance of generator control models.
- Preparation of long-term, multi-scenario network development plans.
- On-site testing of control systems at power stations.
- Preparation of detailed technical reports.
- Presentation development and delivery.
- Global interaction with PSC colleagues to coordinate and execute studies.
- Manage client expectations through regular communications and responsiveness.
- 1 to 5 years of experience using Siemens-PTI's PSS/E network simulation software.
- Python scripting skills.
- Skills in other commonly used network simulation software (eg. MUST, TARA, PSLF, ASPEN, DSATools, Powerworld, EMTDC/PSCAD, EMTP RV, and DIgSILENT PowerFactory).
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering is required with a preference for specialization in power systems.
- Registered professional engineer in a US state, or a Canadian province, or eligible to do so.
- Legally authorized to work in the country of application, with no restrictions on travel between USA and Canada.
The ideal candidate’s past experience should consist primarily of North American public or investor owned electric utilities either as an employee or a consulting engineer. Candidate must be willing to relocate to Westborough, MA, USA or Vancouver, B.C., Canada, and be prepared to travel up to 10% of the time in North America.
- Competitive salary package with 401k and profit share.
- Become part of a team that values people and career development.
- Autonomy to craft the job to fit your expertise.
PSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer