Human Resources Generalist - Kirkland, WA
The PSC team is made up of specialist consultants to the electricity Industry. We offer a range of expert consulting services in the areas of electricity control & market systems, IT & telecommunications, transmission lines, High Voltage DC, and electrical engineering. We currently have global operations in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and Asia. For over 20 years PSC has built an outstanding track record for excellence and our people have the dedication, drive and integrity to offer unbiased and outstanding advice from across the globe that is optimized for local market conditions.
The HR Generalist will provide overall support to the company for HR initiatives in North America (includes the United States and Canada); recruitment, compensation, benefits, visa and work permits, and employee relations, working closely with the Director, Human Resources and the PSC management team to ensure alignment with the overall mission and strategy, and company culture. The HR Generalist will ensure policies, procedures and HR programs are consistently administered, aligned with organizational goals and culture, and follow professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements and employment laws.
This full-time, salaried position will suit someone that is looking for a role that has broad responsibilities and will give the candidate an opportunity to develop skills in many areas of human resource management. It will also be attractive for someone that is looking for a role that will grow along with the growth of PSC’s North American organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage full recruiting process: tracking systems, candidate management, interviewing
- On-boarding / Out-Processing: successfully on-board new staff, lead team collaboration process
- Manage all aspects of the compensation plan: market research, job leveling, database management
- Manage employee performance process: annual review cycle, performance discussions, documentation
- Manage all employee health/welfare/retirement benefits: daily program administration, open enrollment, employee resource for information
- Visa and Work Permits: work with staff, managers, and attorney to secure timely work authorization when needed
- Employee Relations: support staff and management at all levels as needed
- Maintain all HR documentation: personnel files, job descriptions, background checks, SPD’s, contracts, etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate’s experience includes strong exposure to a variety of human resource management in a Generalist role:
- Demonstrated knowledge and applications of HR disciplines, to include recruiting, benefit administration, compensation management, employee relations, employment law
- Demonstrated project management experience, with strong multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and change, while driving for results
- Self-managing, independent problem solver, high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills, with strict adherence to confidentiality in all aspects of this role
- Vigilant perspective to improve existing process, structure, strategy to ensure company ability to grow
EDUCATIONAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resource Management, or related field required
- Minimum of 2 years professional work experience, with increasing level of responsibility, preferably in the technology or professional services industry
- HR Certified Professional preferred (CHRP or SHRM)
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office suite, experience with HRIS and payroll systems
- Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
PSC offers a competitive salary with benefits including paid time off, 401K and healthcare. PSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.