Market Systems Consultants wanted in North America
PSC North America is seeking various levels of experienced Electricity Market Systems Consultants as part of the company's worldwide growth in the Market Systems space. A successful applicant should expect a long and rewarding career with PSC as this is a full-time, permanent position.
PSC, specialist consultants to the electricity industry, is a rapidly-growing global company, with a world-class reputation for delivering services for select clients in North America, and around the world.
You will join a passionate team of experts powering the next generation of power grid technologies across North America. You will continue to learn and grow your skills every day, while completing a diverse stream of project and services work for a diverse set of clients.
- Proven experience in Market System life-cycle from inception through implementation
- Experience in strategic planning, business requirements’ analysis and specification development
- A working knowledge of current Market applications and common databases
- Experience with custom Oracle, Java, and Microsoft-based applications required
- Working familiarity of Market-clearing Engines (MCE) covering all aspects of scheduling, pricing, and dispatch functions
- Proven experience in the testing, reviewing, and auditing of currently installed market systems
- Experience in electricity market systems concepts, practices and operation
- Relevant academic degree
- Strong ability to communicate (verbal and written) technical and complex information
- Ability to travel in NA and globally
- Market Systems experience
- Proficiency with at least one modern programming language or scripting language
- Experience with SQL-based RDBMS databases
- Proficiency with Solver and Optimization engines such as CPLEX
- Proficiency in Mixed Integer Programming
- Excellent computer skills
- Relevant advanced degree
- Hands-on experience with at least one MMS vendor system (i.e. GE, Siemens, ABB)
- Experience in development of applications for Wholesale Electricity Market Systems
- Experience with MCE applications; custom, commercial
- Demonstrated proficiency with varied custom software development packages and a proven ability to have produced enhancements to baseline programs
- Proficiency with Real Time Dispatch systems
- Experience developing Web applications including interfacing and graphics development
- Experience in systems integration using EMS, SCADA, and Market Systems tools
- Experience with the following sectors: Trading systems (Wholesale Energy, Gas Trading Systems); Network access request systems; Outage Management systems; Transmission auction systems; Billing and Settlement systems
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Join a highly-collaborative worldwide team of professionals
- Be a part of a team that drives the industry forward
- Join a very solid and growing global organization
- Become part of a team that values people
- Develop your career direction
Your application must include a cover letter answering the following questions:
- Describe an occasion where you disagreed with a specific market rule.
- Give your opinion on the pros and cons of a co-optimized market solution.
- Describe a project highlight from your career that you are particularly proud of and what you learned about yourself in the process.
PSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer