Principal Civil / Structural Line Design Engineer
Full time permanent position available in Australia
PSC is a specialist engineering consultancy company to the electricity industry and has offices in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, North America and Europe. We are a rapidly emerging multinational organisation with a commitment to providing high quality services to our clients and a growing reputation in the industry. We pride ourselves on the professional yet fun culture within our organisation that has a strong employee focus. An opportunity exists for a Principal Civil / Structural Line Design Engineer within our Lines and Structures team in Adelaide for candidates with experience in this field.
Reporting to the Manager (Lines and Structures), the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil / Structural Engineering
- Recognised expert in their engineering discipline providing senior level advice on projects
- Expertise in the design of pole and lattice tower structures and foundations
- Expertise in operating PLS-CADD is essential and preferably TOWER and PLS-POLE
- Experience in the design of overhead power lines, including route selection, layout design, conductor sags and tension
- Supervision and direction of several professional or technical staff by outlining and assigning work, reviewing technical accuracy and directing outcomes
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
- Understand impact of work practices on financial success of the business
- Holder of a current Australian Driver's Licence Class "C" or "C-A"
- Experience in a consulting environment will be looked upon favourably
The Principal Civil / Structural Line Design Engineer shall be responsible for:
- Project-related works including providing design calculation, design reports, analysis and research on relevant issues
- Assisting the Manager (Lines and Structures) to implement the document management system as per PSC Quality Control and Document Control procedure
- Developing the technical capability of the Lines and Structures team through training, mentoring and recruitment
- Ensuring that the work is managed in a safe and professional manner and is undertaken in compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients including some travel to client premises
For a confidential discussion and submission of a CV, please email:
- Applicants must provide a one page covering letter, current CV and references.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.