SCADA Graphics Associate Consultant
Multiple Openings - North America
PSC is a rapidly growing global company, delivering specialist services to the energy industry. We have exciting opportunities for the right people to join our dynamic people-oriented, customer-focused company.
With the continued growth of our business, we are looking for a full (or possibly part-time) SCADA Graphics trainee to join our Operational Technologies team, servicing clients across North America. This is an entry level position and the successful candidate will be introduced to the concept of computer based ‘One Line Diagrams’ depicting the layout of the electricity grid and all of the equipment which it includes. These diagrams are used by electric utility dispatchers and other technical staff to both monitor and control the electrical network.
The position will require the candidate to both build and quality check many such diagrams in the most efficient method possible, and training and tools will be provided to optimize that task.
The position may require travel or relocation. While display work is the initial thrust, it is likely that the successful candidate will expand their knowledge quickly to become familiar with the makeup and operation of utility SCADA / EMS / DMS and Market Systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in electrical engineering, power systems engineering, computer science, data base management or related field.
- Candidates who are still in their final semester of study, prior to graduation, will be considered as well.
SKILL / EXPERIENCE SET REQUIREMENT
- Good PC and Microsoft office skills
- General IT knowledge
- Ability to concentrate on very detailed tasks and maintain focus for extended periods with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Travel required, fluctuating amount
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
OPTIONAL POSITIVE ITEMS
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of electricity.
For a confidential discussion and submission of a CV, please email: