PSC was founded on delivering advanced HVDC projects, emerging as a premier HVDC world expert.
PSC HVDC services
- HVDC is one of PSC’s premier flagship services, in which we have become the proven global leader
- A team of leading experts with a track record of involvement in over half of all VSC HVDC projects worldwide
- An expert team that can be deployed anywhere in the world
- End to end fully integrated HVDC solutions
- Outstanding knowledge of all aspects of HVDC technology and project implementation, maintenance and support
Our HVDC solutions are a flagship for PSC. Our reputation for excellence, in depth technical know-how and practical, on the ground application are all embodied in our superb team of world leading HVDC experts.
If you need a world leader in HVDC, with the best people, skills and track record, PSC is the organisation to contact.
Leading edge HVDC talent and experience
PSC’s HVDC projects are characterised by high demand for constantly evolving applications, leading edge developments in new technologies; and increasing reliability on lower loss interconnection of power networks, including remote and offshore renewable sources.
Individually and collectively, our PSC team has a combined project experience second to none, having an involvement in over half of all VSC HVDC projects worldwide.
PSC is the complete full service provider of HVDC engineering services, bringing recent and relevant technology knowledge and expertise, coupled with pragmatic, hands-on implementation.
On the spot expertise, any time any place
On any HVDC project, anywhere in the world, PSC deploys its team of experts to lead the early stages of project development, feasibility, costing, specification, engineering and design.
We also provide leadership around manufacture, construction, installation, testing and commissioning.
And once the project is live, we provide the key support and advice that will ensure smooth operation and superb maintenance standards.
Our people have very broad, objective technology expertise, including land and submarine cables and VSC and LCC HVDC technologies.
We also offer extensive expertise in key HVDC related fields, including control systems, telecommunications, IT networks, market systems, civil and structural fields, and high voltage transmission lines.
PSC’s HVDC service offers clients the following capabilities:
- HVDC technology reviews
- Technical due diligence of HVDC projects
- System and engineering studies
- System studies and reliability studies
- Dynamic system testing
- Feasibility and conceptual design
- Control and runback systems
- Development and testing
- Factory system testing
- Construction cost estimation
- Regulatory and rate case submission
- Capex and Opex budget development
- EPC specification preparation
- Preliminary FEED (Front End Engineering Design)
- Procurement, construction and commissioning support
- Project management
- Test and commissioning plans
- Coordination of system tests
- O&M procedures and support
- Operations procedures development
- Technical and incident investigations
- Training of operator and technical support staff
- Control room development
- Operator training simulators
- Performance reporting packages