Director Operational Technologies
A dedicated trouble-shooter and problem solver with extensive background in Energy Management Systems as well as computer software, hardware, networking, and security, Ken has the skills and background to successfully manage projects and customer engagements.
25 years experience in Energy Management Systems specializing in:
- SCADA, EMS, and DMS systems
- The application of Information Technology in real-time and business critical environments
- Systems integration
- Software development
- Project and development management
- Technical architecture evaluation and planning
- Project management for the development of standard, virtualized EMS and DMS environments
- Project management for development of project implementation and monitoring tools
- EMS software system integration
- Project management for tendering of complex systems installation and upgrade
Background and Experience
Ken Pratt is the PSC Engineering Services Manager for Control and Market Systems in North America. His strong technical background in development, systems delivery, and process & tools improvements along with project management skills has been developed during a 25+ year career in the Energy Management and Markets industry.
Ken was a long-time developer and manager at Alstom Grid from its early days as ESCA. He has practical experience with EMS and SCADA software, databases, and computer systems management in North America, Australasia, and Europe. Most recently, he was leading efforts focused on virtualizing the entire EMS.