Director Power Networks
- Transmission Plan and Business Case Development & Implementation
- HVDC System Interactions with AC Systems
- Network Operational Studies
- Network Infrastructure Investment Analysis & Regulatory Submission
- Technical and Financial Operation of Energy Markets
- Utility Project Management
- Responsible for transmission and distribution planning projects and operational studies for the most extensive transmission system in North America, including: hydro power plant connection to transmission networks; the rebuilding of major interconnections; and transfer capacity studies allowing for energy market participation.
- Designed network model and provided payment based demand and generation dispatch management for the HVDC Interconnection Project, connecting Tasmania’s electricity transmission system to the Australian mainland, allowing Tasmania to join the National Electricity Market.
- Managed engineering groups responsible for transmission and distribution network projects involving market network analysis, technical support, capital planning and regulatory submissions.
- Developed and implemented 10 year scenario based network expansion plans, annual planning cycle, and functional reorganization plan for major utility’s transmission planning group.
Background and Experience
Marc has over 12 years’ experience in the electricity industry in transmission system / HVDC network planning, operations and project management. He holds a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from École Polytechnique in Montréal, Canada, and is currently a candidate for a Master of Business Administration from the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada (graduation, May 2013).
Marc has worked in the electricity industry in Canada and Australia both in the public and private energy sectors, and has consulted for numerous international projects. He delivered multiple technical and dispatch deliverables for a major utility joining an electricity market via a new HVDC connection and has managed project engineering groups through all phases of transmission network plan development and operations. Marc is also experienced in the development of long-range resource strategies for transmission and distribution network expansion projects.